Wednesday 1 March 2017

Album Cover Re-Make: Royalty



 



This album is personal for the artist as there is a song featured for his daughter 'Royalty.' Therefore, the iconography I used to represent her is through the symbol of a 'Crown' above the title. This is to convey the message that it is aimed at her. I also edited the tones of this crown to reflect the monochrome theme. However, it is the only aspect of colour that I kept. Once again I did this to represent the close bond the singer and daughter have. Another tribute I added on the cover is the date of her birth, under the album name. This therefore keeps it personal that only fans would know. 

The title is of a similar font because I think it looks sleek and smart. This therefore reflects the style of music to show how as an artist he has progressed. I used a gradual tone on Photoshop to edit the background and to add depth.
Surrounding the album there are various logos and brands that the artist represents. This is to make the album look more realistic and to show what he represents further. 



In comparison to the original back, I decided to add more images and writing to make it more interesting. Although I kept to a similar house style by having one plain cover and one more detailed, just flipped it around. I added an image of the artist and edited it so it looked more defined. By exaggerating the tones made the cover look more interesting. I ensured to add aspects like the ‘barcode’ to make it appear real. Alongside this I included all the tracks and featured artists in a different font so they are credited.

Overall I liked my album cover, yet I preferred the back due to the layout and how the track listings framed the center image. If I were to do this again, I would explore a better suited font, rather than just using one off of the adobe app. Also I would attempt to experiment more with colour.

No comments:

Post a Comment

MORE MARKETING

I have once again used Graphic Burger, in order to create a way for the magazine to promote their brand. I have used a sim...